How to Set up Touch ID
Learn how to set up and use Touch ID, a fingerprint identity sensor that makes it easy for you to get into your device and for security reasons as well.
- Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, then enter your passcode. If you don’t have a passcode you will have to make one first.
2. Tap Add a Fingerprint and hold your thumb down on the home button.
3. Gently touch the Home button with your finger—but don’t press. Hold it there until you feel a quick vibration.
4. Continue to lift and rest your finger slowly, making small adjustments until you are brought to the next screen.
5. The next screen asks you to adjust your grip. Hold your device as you normally would when unlocking it, and touch the Home button with the outer areas of your fingertip, instead of the center portion that you scanned first.